If you are here, then it surely means that you are facing the issue that your printer stops responding suddenly? Well don’t panic because we have mentioned some of the solutions you can follow to avoid this mishap in near future and disintegrate your work.
No matter what’s the brand of the printer, these are very common issues and can take place anytime. Thus, it is important for you to know at least basic solutions.
Now, without wasting your time let’s start
1. Check all the Printer Connections -
The first thing you can do when your printer suddenly stops responding is you can check all the cables and USBs connection. In case of USB printer try to connect it via USB port, and if you have a Wi-Fi printer then you might need to check whether printer is properly connected to the correct network.
2. Update the Printer’s Device Driver -
• You have to open the device manager by pressing the Windows key + X simultaneously and choose the device manager from the list.
• Now, you have to select your printer from the list of devices and right-click it to choose the updated driver.
• You have to search automatically for updated driver software.
• If you found the update then click on that and wait till it got downloaded and installed in your PC.
Because, outdated printer driver can cause such issues. If your issue still hangs in there then you can contact the Printer Repair services in Little Rock.
Also, as an alternative method you can download the latest driver directly from the manufacturer’s website or use other trustworthy tools for finding the right driver for your printer.
3. Select Your Printer as the Default One -
• You have to enter the name of your default printer in the Cortana box.
• Select the change to default printer to open the window directly below.
• You will notice there is an option Let Windows manage my default printer option, you can turn it off if you want.
• In the devices and printers option you will see a green tick which implies that your printer is selected as the default one.
Now, restart your printer and PC, your error is gone and if not then you can always feel free to make a call on toll free number +1(877) 894-5316 or contact the Printer Repair Little Rock.
4. Check if Printer is Properly Configured -
• You have to open the control panel and select the option of devices and printers.
• You will notice there is a list of printers, you have to select your printer, right-click it and choose the printer properties.
• Now, open the ports tab and make sure that proper port is selected. After that you have to click apply and ok button to save the applied changes.
5. Install the Latest Updates -
• You have to open the settings app.
• Now, you have to navigate to the update and security section.
• You have to now click the option check for updates.
• Once you click on the update button, the latest version will start downloading.
• When the download is complete you have to run the program and install it.
• After the installation is complete you have to restart your PC.
6. Check the printer’s Compatibility with Windows –
In case you have upgraded your printer to Windows 10, you must check whether your printer is compatible with it or not.
After Windows updation many printers irrespective of brand are facing this issue. Thus, we would like to suggest that by visiting your manufacturer’s website you can check whether the printer is compatible or not. Almost every new printer is easily working with Windows 10 but there might be some issue for old printer models.
Wrapping Up –
We are glad you found the basic methods to remove this error of your printer stop working suddenly. And, in case the issue does persist then you can pick your phone and call on the toll-free number +1(877) 894-5316 or you can search for Printer Repair Denver.